Dr. Nieves Medina Escobar
- 1969 born in Málaga (Spain)
- 1987-1992 Studies of Biology at the University of Córdoba (Spain)
- 1993-1997 PhD thesis at the University Córdoba (Spain), Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, in the group of Jacobo Cárdenas, Juan Muñoz Blanco and José Luis Caballero Repullo.
- 1997-2000 Postdoctoral position by Zeneca Agrochemicals at the Scottish Crop Research Institute (Dundee, Scotland), Department of Biochemistry, in the group of Howard Davies.
- 2000- 2002 Postdoctoral position by Mylnefield Research Services (MRS), at the Scottish Crop Research Institute (Dundee, Scotland), in the group of Karl Oparka.
- 2002-2004 Postdoctoral position with a MPI fellowship at the Max-Planck-Institute for Plant Breeding Research (Cologne), Department for Plant Microbe Interactions (Paul Schulze-Lefert), in the group of Jane Parker.
- 2004-2009 Postdoctoral position with a “Ramón y Cajal” fellowship in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Málaga (Spain), in the group of Victoriano Valpuesta Fernández.
- 2010-2014 Postdoctoral position at the Freie Universitaet Berlin (Germany), Department of Plant Biochemistry, in the group of Claus-Peter Witte.
- Since 2014 Postdoctoral position at the Leibniz Universitaet Hannover, Institute for Plant Nutrition, Department of Molecular Nutrition and Biochemistry of Plants